Are you a triathlete, cyclist or runner who is looking for a sports nutritionist? You might be:
- Aiming for improved results from your training?
- Seeking a personal best performance time?
- Tackling a new event, distance or even sport?
- Unsure about how much you need to eat and what the best food choices are?
- Having difficulty in knowing how best to eat around training?
- Struggling to achieve a healthy weight for optimal performance? Or knowing what that weight should be?
- Experiencing excessive fatigue or slower recovery times than usual?
- Facing gastro-intestinal problems while training or racing?
- Prone to injury and looking for strategies to support prevention and recovery?
- Losing training days to repeated infections or illness?
- Looking to prolong your time in your sport as you get older?
- Experiencing signs of hormone imbalance?
Then working with a Registered Nutritional Therapist who is able to combine research-based sports nutrition strategies with a functional approach to health could help you to optimise both your performance and your wellbeing: eat well, be healthy, perform better! Nutrition plays a critical role in helping you to stay healthy, get the most out of your training, maximise your recovery and deliver your optimum performance on race day.
Jo Scott-Dalgleish BSc (Hons) MBANT, CNHC is a West London based Registered Nutritional Therapist specialising in supporting endurance sports participants who are training for events such as triathlons from sprint distance to ironman, cycling road races and sportives, or running races from half-marathons to ultras. You may be finding your nutrition a challenge, experiencing health issues which impact on your ability to train and race as you would wish, or are just looking to improve on your current performance level.
Working with Jo on your nutrition can help you...
- Ensure that you are eating sufficient calories with the optimal balance of carbohydrates, fats and protein to meet your individual health and performance needs, using a periodization approach based on your training plan and event calendar.
- Learn how to optimise your day to day training and recovery through practising appropriate ‘nutrient timing’ (nutrition before, during and after exercise) within the context of an appropriately balanced diet.
- Understand the importance of meeting your needs for the different vitamins and minerals, plus adequate fibre, to optimise your health and wellbeing while training hard, and how to achieve this through a nutrient dense diet as far as possible. Supplementation may be recommended if appropriate.
- Develop an appropriate hydration strategy for training and racing, to minimise the risk of either dehydration or hyponatremia.
- Optimise your digestive health and develop strategies to help prevent gastro-intestinal distress.
- Strengthen your immune system, helping to reduce susceptibility to colds and other infections.
- Support your bone and joint health, helping to prevent injury and promoting your longevity in your sport.
- Maintain hormone balance, which may be compromised by a combination of heavy training and inadequate fuelling and consequently impact on performance.
Jo looks at you as an individual, assesses your need for nutritional support based on both your performance goals and your current health status, and works with you on a nutrition plan that addresses your personal needs, considering the demands of your training, your food preferences and your lifestyle. This will generally cover both your daily diet and fuelling during training and racing. Eat well, be healthy, perform better.Please visit the Consultation Process page for more details. All initial consultations take place face to face in Chiswick, London, W4. The nearest tube station is Turnham Green on the District Line. Parking is available. Follow up consultations may take place by Skype or phone if preferred.